|Job Title||Sr. Scientist, Collaborations|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Manager||Dir, R&D Collaborations|
The Senior Scientist will be required to work cross-functionally within the organization, in particular, the biochemistry, bioinformatics and the commercial organization. The selected candidate will be responsible for planning, execution and management of a variety of NGS application projects for both internal and external customers, including data creation and analysis to support company goals. Along with other team members, he/she will plan and execute experiments, critically analyze the data and interpret the results. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the use of NGS platforms, as well as a proven track record in successful completion of projects in this space. Experience with the analysis of genomic data, in particular NGS and/or microarray data, is preferred. We offer a startup environment where you will be expected to participate in and contribute to expertise in NGS use and its applications, team leadership as well as basic project management skills.
- Design, plan and carry out experiments, as well as perform quantitative analysis, interpretation and presentation of the results.
- The ideal candidate needs to collaborate effectively with colleagues in chemistry, engineering, bioinformatics, software, and commercial.
- Experience managing people is desired as you will have the opportunity to hire, train and manage individuals within the team
- You will be expected to keep current with the field of genomics, in particular NGS methodologies, applications, technologies, patents and conferences.
- Day-to-day function will include both leading and participating in beta and early-access programs, engaging with potential collaborators/users of our technology and creation and interpretation of complex genomic data sets
- Knowledge and experience with sequencing platforms, chemistries and data is highly desirable.
- PhD in Molecular/Cell Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience (including post-doctoral experience)
- Experience working in highly dynamic startup environments
- Participated as technical liaison during product launch as well as management of collaboration projects is highly desired
- Significant experience related to NGS, genomics, library preparation, nucleic acid chemistry is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills is desired
- Ability to analyze and interpret large genomic data sets and plan further experiments accordingly
- Effective communicator and enjoys collaborating with colleagues in biochemistry, engineering, bioinformatics, and commercial teams.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% to attend conferences, meet and support customers.
- Positive attitude that is self-motivated
- Creative thinker with a passion for discovery
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Willing to travel up to 25%