|Job Title||Sr Product Manager (Upstream marketing)|
|Manager (Title)||Head of Marketing/Commercial Dev|
The Senior Product Manager drives new product development and launch planning for a world-class Next Generation Sequencing platform in line with the company’s overall business strategy.
Working with internal and external teams, the Senior Product Manager will align the teams on long-term strategic vision, lifecycle management, customer requirements, go-to-market strategy and business plans, shape final platform specifications and ensure overall launch readiness. Close coordination with R&D core teams, outside partners and executive leadership will be critical to support and achieve commercial objectives
- Define roadmap and product lifecycle 3 – 5 years out
- Commercial lead for publication strategy and execution
- Lead conference strategy and attendance
- Establish relationship with KOLs
- Lead advisory boards
- Lead market research
- BS in biology or related field required; Advanced degree in Life Sciences preferred
- Technical experience with sequencing required
- 8 + years exp in role preferred; min. 5 years of experience in marketing and/or product management in the Life Sciences field required
- Skilled at developing and maintaining highly effective cross functional relationships across the organization – with R&D, Product Development, Marketing and Project Management teams
- Successful team leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and assist less experienced peers when necessary
- Ability to travel ~25% of the time.
- Motivated Self-Starter and Team Player. Thrives working in a highly interdisciplinary and collaborative environment. Easily works independently as well as integrated into project team.
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Creativity of thought and mindset
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades and brightness
- Ability to lift 50lbs.