|Job Title||Senior RA|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
The Sr. RA will be responsible for planning and execution of experiments, delivering high quality meaningful data and working within a team environment to enable rapid improvements in our core chemistry. The successful candidate will participate in scientific collaboration work and provide technical guidance to internal commercial/marketing teams. The scientisit will be spending ~ 80% of their time doing work at the bench and ~20% analyzing data, putting together presentations and going to meetings.
- Experimental Design, Planning, Execution of sequencing experiments
- Analyze and interpret DNA sequencing data to drive improvements
- Collaborate with key external partners on novel DNA substrates
- Work within a cross-functional team of scientists, engineers, bioinformaticians, and software engineers
- Identify creative solutions to overcome current limitations.
- Document and maintain experimental procedures and present on observations and results at meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience with hands on laboratory experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex DNA data sets using available informatic tools
- Excellent knowledge of standard DNA/RNA chemistry protocols including a good understanding of NGS
- Experience with NGS systems, including DNA library preparation and clustering chemistry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Detail oriented, ability to work independently but also enjoys working within a team
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Creativity of thought and mindset
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades and brightness
- Ability to lift 50lbs.