|Job Title||Reagent Manufacturing Production Associate II, III|
|Department||Production – Formulation, Fill and Finish|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
The Reagent Manufacturing Associate will be a key participant in the development and execution of formulating a large variety of complex, sensitive reagents and keeping impeccable records detailing all aspects of manufacturing processes. The Reagent Manufacturing Associate will also be expected to participate or initiate build planning processes, inventory control oversight and associate training. The Reagent Manufacturing Associate will be able to offer constructive ideas and schemes that further the development and implementation of a world class reagent manufacturing and reagent QC department.
- Ability to independently perform all bulk formulation activities for reagent manufacturing customers.
- Ability to independently calculate and predict formulation build quantities based on novel SOPs.
- Expert ability to calculate molarities, weight to volume ratios and weight to weight ratios within the context of complex formulations.
- Ability to plan and execute fill and finish activities based upon demand and variable product requirements
- Identify and rectify gaps and weaknesses in the SOPs and formualtions for finished goods and component materials
- Ability to initiate problem solving and technical decision making on par with experience
- Ability to effectively interact with an ERP system and a manufacturing LIMS to ensure transfer and inventory tracking of finished and raw goods is accurate
- Ensures correct procedures, processes, specifications, and materials are utilized without unauthorized modification
- Participates in transfer, support, and continuous improvement of existing and new processes.
- Operates and calibrates all general lab equipment
- Operates and calibrates all fill equipment and labeling equipment
- Maintain a correct inventory of materials through cycle counts, inventory control, inventory stock assessment, ordering and receipt of materials.
- Maintain a safe and hygienic workspace.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or Chemistry and 5 years of experience.
- Or Associates degree and 8 years of experience
- Experience in a reagent manufacturing laboratory or facility
- Experience working with an ERP system and conducting cycle counts and inventory transfers
- Experience in material and build planning.
- Experience in SOP development
- Experience in training peers
- Startup experience highly desired
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrable skill calculating concentration of chemical constituents in complex solutions
- Demonstrable skills in basic algebra and mathematics.
- Knowledgeable in chemical hygiene and safety.
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Creativity of thought and mindset
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades and brightness
- Ability to lift 50lbs.