|Job Title||Head, Service & Support|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
The Head of Service & Support is responsible for delivering operational excellence and organic revenue growth across the customer base of instruments and consumables. Primary goals and objectives center on delivering high service levels, high customer satisfaction, and expanding service margins through improved productivity and increased customer share of wallet.
- Lead the Service & Support function and team; provides staff with coaching, training and opportunities to develop skills, and gives ongoing, constructive and timely feedback on performance and progress toward goals and expectations.
- Ensure that annual operation plan targets (revenue, productivity, GM and EBITDA) and key operational service metrics (Response/Repair Time, Service Levels, Customer Experience, Inventory, Environment Healthy & Safety, Quality), are achieved by delivering world class service.
- Establish service & support goals and develop strategies and plans to achieve the goals to maximize customer satisfaction and drive overall sales and profitability growth
- Ensure revenue forecast accuracy and expense performance management activities
- Ensures compliance will all service delivery process requirements, while providing input to drive continuous process improvements
- Resolve customer complaints and manage escalation activities
- Work with commercial functions to support instrument service growth strategies by successfully delivering on operational goals and ensuring adoption of standardized processes, metrics and accountability to drive top line/bottom line results.
- Provide insight into new opportunities for business expansion through the field service engineers and customer interactions
- Responsible for helping define and execute on field service delivery for new product introductions
- Minimum 10 years of management experience in services industry, with preference for analytical instrument, or lab equipment experience. Ideally multi-segment/multi-product account management and support
- Seasoned leader with ability to influence at all levels within the organization
- Ability to lead in highly matrixed, multi-culture environment
- Working knowledge of forecasting, budgeting, service cost drivers, and basic accounting principles
- Experience in change management principles and methodologies
- Demonstration of successful conflict resolution, self and social awareness
- Continuous Quality Improvement skills, such as demonstrated Six Sigma experience
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency, with specific skill in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently and assist less experienced peers when necessary
- Ability to travel ~50% of the time.
- Motivated Self-Starter and Team Player. Thrives working in a highly interdisciplinary and collaborative environment. Easily works independently as well as integrated into project team.
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Creativity of thought and mindset
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades and brightness
- Ability to lift 50lbs.