The Field Application Scientist acts as a trusted expert to our customers, increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty as well as contributing to the overall success of the business. The Field Application Scientist provides scientific expertise, applications support and training to customers on Omniome’s products through in-person, phone and email communications.
- Performs product demonstrations at customer or company site
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences, including representing the company at trade shows and vendor shows
- Collaborates with Sales Representatives on sales calls to provide technical and applications assistance
- Participates in the field test site determination process.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
- Provides applications training to customers.
- Demonstrates basic operating and troubleshooting procedures for company’s products
- Plans and delivers user meetings in house or in the field.
- Reports on activities in the field on a regular basis
- Reports on technical trends going on in the territory by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
- Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations.
- BA or BS in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related scientific field.
- MS or PhD is strongly preferred
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of laboratory or related work experience.
- Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations to a variety of audiences is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies strongly preferred.
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostics and/or regulated market is preferred
- Experience in sample and library preparation for sequencing applications is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25% – 70% of the time
- Good written/verbal communication, organization and prioritization skill
- Effective customer service skills, which includes a positive attitude, helpful customer interaction, and maintenance of ongoing customer relationships
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency, with specific skill in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently and assist less experienced peers when necessary
- Motivated Self-Starter and Team Player. Thrives working in a highly interdisciplinary and collaborative environment. Easily works independently as well as integrated into project team.
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Creativity of thought and mindset
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades and brightness
- Ability to lift 50lbs.