|Job Title||Bioinformatics Scientist|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Manager (Title)||Head of Bioinformatics|
The Bioinformatics Scientist will collaborate with scientists and engineers to create algorithms and software that efficiently processes complex high- resolution images, performs high fidelity feature extraction, DNA sequence analysis and other bioinformatic functions.
- Support primary analysis algorithm development
- Translate scientific requirements into technical software designs
- Collaborate with a team of software developers, bioinformatic scientists, biochemistry scientists and engineers to deliver software features and testing algorithms
- Perform data analysis for various scientific projects for next generation sequencing
- Develop secondary analysis pipelines to analyze NGS data
- Optimize algorithm and software solutions for both internal research and development as well as for commercial applications
- Develop algorithms for all stages of data acquisition of NGS
- The ability to communicate in a language that is understandable to the majority of team members.
- MS, or PhD Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Strong understanding of genomics, molecular biology and next-generation sequencing
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- 2+ years of experience in similar industry and role preferred
- Strong math skills with the ability to code complex algorithms from publications and equations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Python, R, or C++ a plus
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Creativity of thought and mindset
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades and brightness
- Ability to lift 50lbs.